Job Title : Senior Technical Instructor – Practical
Job No. : AARCOE 80
Department/Business Unit : Technical training
Accountable to : Head of Practical Training
Reporting to : Head of Practical Training
Our Vision : Creating aviation expertise and leadership
Our Values : Teamwork – Professionalism – Quality
This position provides leadership and strategic direction for program support, sustainability, and improvement. The senior instructor will be responsible for supporting the Head of Practical Training and the supervision of Lead Instructors, as well as providing administrative support to the technical program.
- Responsible for the formulation of the semester class schedules for curriculum delivery in line with the GACA regulations, Associate diploma and diploma standards and guidelines.
- Maintain the hangar facility with due regard to AARC’s commitment to the environment and Workplace Health and Safety.
- Maintain, monitor and improve practical training aids, equipment, tooling and aircraft to ensure the highest possible practical learning outcomes offered by Aviation Australia Riyadh College.
- Designing, scheduling and delivery of practical activities in consultation with Technical Training Management.
- Undertake and monitor Practical Assessments required under the relevant Regulatory Training Requirements.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the Head of technical training for the technical program on student progression, student issues, instructor issues and instructor development.
- Manage the entire process for the updating of curriculum content, effective classroom delivery and maintaining shop areas; Responsible to insure proper maintenance, management and security of equipment used in all classrooms.
- Instruct students in theory and hands-on aspects of aviation maintenance at least 10% of the week with the other 90% being allocated for administrative duties.
- Responsible for carrying out all OTL requirements in the technical department and maintaining the OTL register.
- Perform and assist lead instructors in student and staff performance evaluations and counselling on disciplinary issues.
- Responsible for the management of OJT in the department
- Responsible for the maintenance of training records for the technical department and reporting to the Head of Practical regularly on the training requirements of the department. Uphold the policies and procedures of AARC
- Participate in the team management process and support the management philosophy of the college
- Maintain thorough understanding of the GACA regulations, Associate diploma and diploma standards and guidelines required of aviation maintenance professionals;
- Work cooperatively with the Lead technical instructors under his supervision and Participate in an annual evaluation of his own performance.
The Senior Technical instructor has the authority to:
- Counsel and/or discipline students in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Discipline staff under his supervision in line with the AARC policies and procedures.
- GACA or FAA A&P licence
- Degree in Aviation Management or similar qualification
- A high level of English language skills in both written and spoken English
- A high level of computer literacy in both Microsoft and aircraft maintenance management programs.
- Must have worked in the aviation industry as an instructor and in a supervisory/ management role
- Previous experience using and maintaining a database
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies and procedures, applicable preferably to a medium to large organization.
- A strong knowledge and approach to workplace health and safety
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues through negotiation and consultation with other team members.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work, to deal with competing demands, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to become an effective user of new computer systems.
- Preparedness to undertake training as required.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated approach to work.
- Assertiveness and an ability to remain professional and measured in approach, regardless of the situation.
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
- Ability to foster a customer focused working environment and build and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers from diverse cultural backgrounds, displaying awareness of cross-cultural communication issues.
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility.
|Competency||Level||Example- Description of Behaviour
(Refer to Competency Dictionary and Development Guide for all behavioral descriptors)
|Customer Focus||2||Presents a positive, professional corporate image when interacting with internal and external customers.|
|Teamwork||2||Works effectively in a team by showing a level of commitment to the team, being a willing contributor to group activities and seeking to help others where necessary.|
|Drive for Results||2||Takes personal responsibility to complete and deliver outcomes on time, to a professional standard.|
|Communication||2||Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills when interacting with all stakeholders, developing a positive rapport.
Ensures all verbal and written communication is presented in an informative, logical, professional and fluent manner.
|Technical Skills||2||Demonstrates an in-depth technical knowledge of own area and a broader understanding of other operational functions of the business.|
|Holding People Accountable||2||Holds self and others accountable for timely, measurable, high-quality and cost effective results.|
Note: Interested applicants are requested to review job description, guidelines and the general benefit package and then send your Cover Letter, CV and the Supporting documents as outlined. As soon as you send your package, we will coordinate with employer and will let you know the suitable time for calling.
CV/Supporting documents to be sent at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If in case you like to call or discuss, use Mob/WhatsApp/Imo/Google Duo/Face Time:
+92 335 150 1175
Job Offer/Approval and Processing for Mobilization:
- When you provided your cover letter, cv and the requested supporting documents, we will provide to the employer for their review/consideration.
- When you are determined suitable, they will call and conduct your telephonic interview, we will coordinate with you in advance and will provide you all the details.
- Once you are approved for hiring, they will extend you the formal job offer, once you agree and signs the job offer, we will guide you all the process and procedure, doing medical, documents attestation for the Saudi Embassy, visa endorsement, send you confirmed eticket and arranging your airport pick up and the housing in Riyadh.
- If in case you have any question, please feel free send us an email or let us discuss over phone using WhatsApp or any other application.
Salary and General Benefit Package
|Base salary (will be decided after conducting telephonic interview)|
|Housing Allowance||25% of base pay per month|
|Transport allowance||10% of base pay|
|Working hours per day||8 hours|
|Working days||5 days a week|
|Annual leave||30 days|
|Annual round trip ticket||Allowance or ticket company provided|
|Contract Status||Single/if someone married and wish to bring his wife, then after six month make a request to the HR.|
|Contract period||One year or two or renewable after one year|
|Others||As per Saudi Labor Laws|
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Total Years Experience 3
- Job Code GRN-0250
- Name of the Program/Project IATC - Senior Technical Instructor - Practical
- Nationality American, British, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and from Developed countries.
- Experience Level Senior